Yoga is derived from our Sanskrit word i.e. “yuj”, which means to unite. It makes the union between individual soul with the absolute soul with the absolute or divine soul it is also a link between Atma and Prmatma. A beneficial understandable line for yoga given by Lord shri Krishna in bhagwda gita is “Skill in actions or efficiency alone is yoga”. yoga plays an important role in human day to day life.
Importance of yoga in our life:
Our modern age is suffering from stress, tension, and anxiety. Today humans ran behind to earn money for those people money is everything and they don’t feel comfortable. They become selfish and this cause stress, mental problem. In order to get rid of these physical changes. Yoga plays a vital role in providing rid of tensions and mental problems. The following point clearly shows the importance of yoga in our day-to-day life.
- Physical purity: Our internal organs can be cleansed by yogic exercise simply. They clean our internal organs with purity by doing yoga Neti, Kapalbhati, Nauli, Dhoti, etc. If we perform these yoga asanas we should perform better internally as well as externally.
- Cure and prevention from diseases: There are various yoga asanas which not only prevent us from disease but also cure them easily, if we do it on regular basis. Vajrasana cures diabetes there are many diseases like high BP, Asthma, arthritis, back pain, urinary disorders that can easily cure by yoga.
- Reduces mental tension: It can also help in reducing stress and tension. By doing Makrasana, Shavasana, Shalabhasana, Suptasana and bhujangasana are very beneficial to reducing stress and tension.
- Beautification of the body: Everyone wants a beautiful and slim body in day-to-day life. Yoga also helps to overcome this it gives a proper shape to the body and prepares it from obese to slim by doing Mayurasana our face will glow yoga also brightens the face.
- Provides relaxation: In today’s crowded life we tried and feel uncomfortable. Yoga gives us relax and rid of physical fatigue and makes the body relax. Some of the beneficial yoga asanas are Padmasana, Nadam sadhna, which are the best asana that reduces mental stress and disorders.
- Spiritual development: If our mind is fresh and energetic then we can make efforts to achieve spiritual heights that’s why meditation is very necessary to get spiritual development there are some yoga asana which is best as Padmasana, Siddhasana, and Pranayama, they bring peace in life.
- Increase flexibility: Flexible body is a dream of every person because it supports us in various fields like sports. There is various yoga asana that increases flexibility like chakrasana, bhujangasana, dhanurasana, halasana, shalabhasana are beneficial for an increase in flexibility.
- Reduce obesity: It is a very serious and worldwide problem. But it can be cured easily by yoga and aerobic exercises. Some asanas of yoga are Pranayama and meditative asanas.
- Improves health: It helps in maintaining our health and makes our bones, muscles, and joints strong. Yoga increases the immune system of our body and regulates our respiratory, excretory, circulatory nervous systems.
- Enhance morale and ethical values: It generates moral values like nonviolence, truth fullness, swadhyaya. It gives us mental peace and creates a link between our mind and the spiritual god. That’s why yoga is best of best.
ELEMENTS OF YOGA:
In yogasutras Patanjali described eight elements of yoga. These are known as eight steps through which goal of yoga, i.e. union of our soul with supreme soul. These are as:
- Yama: By doing the practice of Yama our mind does not involve in any violence. There are 5 Yama that are Ahimsa, Satya/ truth, Asetya and Brahmacharya, Aparigraha.
- Niyama: It is briefly related to body sense this includes five niyamas such as Saucha, Santosh, Tapa, Swadhyaya, and Ishwara pranidhana. These are related to niyama.
- Asana: It means ‘position of body’. It is very effective for every generation old to young because it plays a vital role in the development of the body.
- Pranayama: It is the process of breathing, it controls our inhale and exhale power. Basically, 3 types of pranayama are Puraka (inhalation), Kumbhaka (retaining the breath), Rechaka (exhalation).
- Pratyahara: It is the process of self-control. It controls our mind and mental-related problems and stress, disorders, etc.
- Dharana: It controls and sets our mind for a big problem and focuses on an aim. It reduces mental weakness also.
- Dhyana: Its complete constancy of mind. It is a process by which we self-control our body parts and makes them free and no distraction affects the mind.
- Samadh: The union of an individual’s soul with the supreme soul is called samadh. It is the last stage when Atma comes with Prmatama. Then a person forgets everything.
Yoga is the only path to reaching the supreme soul. Patanjali said “Checking the impulse of mind is yoga”. It is very beneficial for our busy generation and as well as old aged persons also and it also makes us fit by externally and internally. Yoga plays a major role and a reason behind every successful man because it keeps away distractions from us by which people can think and do their work sincerely with an active mind.
For students also yoga plays an extremely vital role it helps students in learning power and enhance their mind. That’s why yoga is the medicine of all diseases and problems, so do yoga and stay healthy.